JOIN THE MOVEMENT
What’s Your Story?
SACRAMENTO’S WX MURAL MUSEUM:
The Land of Many Stories will silently speak volumes for our city’s cultural diversity principles in a way we should all be ‘Equally Represented’ | ‘Together Unified’ | ‘Strength as One’ progressively moving us forward into the next level.
THE NEW FACE OF SACRAMENTO:
The WX Mural Museum is a proposed outdoor mural art museum located in Sacramento California on State of California property. The WX Mural Museum site is between 18th, 24th, X & W streets directly under Interstate 80 / Highway 50 freeway (east/west bound travel). The WX Mural Museum completion will be a transformation of the plain dull color hue of the existing structural support columns (piers) with vibrant colors patterns and shapes, block by block. Accomplished by professional local and national artists commissioned to paint creative murals 25’ high and 360° floor to ceiling. Where attendees can surround themselves in a world of imagery giants of mural appreciation. The future WX Mural Museum; current site usage has a daily parking lot/open space and will remain as is. The newly added murals are an atheistic enhancement upgrade, viewable 365 days a year, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. There are 24 columns (piers) located in one city block street divided property boundary.
specifications & summary:
The WX Mural Museum will become a viable contribution of many positives initiated by visually representing the new existing face of Sacramento, as we are; here! One positive focal point of the museum murals is ‘education’ visual storytelling of our community’s journey. The connections of our diverse integrated population in Sacramento. It will become a mural center, an informative cultural hub, attracting tourists and locals to all of Sacramento. Love, Art and Life will silently speak volumes sharing our stories! A catalyst to appreciating our historical beginnings, regional amenities and diverse communities.
PRE VISUALS Images above are painted by local artists
FOR OUR WXM COMMUNITY CONNECTOR PROJECTS.
Images below are of pillar projects around the world!
VIDEO PRODUCED BY @TEIONSOLEVISUALZ TEIONSOLE@GMAIL.COM
‘ART for the community’
- ARTISTIC DEVELOPMENT
- COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT
- ECONOMIC IMPACT
- FUTURE ECONOMIC IMPACT
- STATE REPRESENTATIVE
1 – MURALS WITH IDENTITY:
* – Murals of significance; Sacramento existence of us, our history, our status and our future. Capturing our cities name in the imagery of the people, the holy Sacrament is the existing humanity that is here our role in this place.
* – Murals revealing ALL of Sacramento showing ALL as Sacramentens, revealing US ’ as the most diverse integrated city in America.
* – Murals and a city that are making a statement of progress growth acceptance and love. A statement of healing in our regional world, especially the art world; a structural layout that supports the visual of an individual uniqueness among a group of other pillars.
2 – SACRAMENTO VISUAL HISTORY:
* – Capturing our cities main history in visual form. Silent storytelling as a cherished blessing of seeing our existence through imagined time.
* – Honoring a or Sacramento individuals, bands, groups that made a difference here to there and or from there to here. A Sacramenten who made a difference.
* – Representing our city underground iconic past to today relation: the storytelling that is unique to us in our region or from our region that is somewhere else.
3 – SACRAMENTO ARTIST FOUNDATION:
* – Sacramento selected artists are to be in the 1st and 2nd rounds of qualification or if Sacramento artists submit the required designs, then there is no need for others outside of the appointed artist to paint.
* – Sacramento artists of art groups are encouraged to apply as a group and paint as a group which may include their own guided connection to this project.
* – Local business financially supporting the visual mission.
4 – NEW INSPIRED ART PLUS:
* – New art projects will form here – Film locations, video shoots, spoken word, art classes, etc.
* – Decorative fencing to surround the museum, 100,000 sf per block.
* – WKi’s 2014 mural tour movement re-inspired us into today’s Mural Expressions vision. What will Mural Expressions inspire for the future here?
5 – LOCAL INDIGENOUS RECOGNITION:
* – Recognize the 1st nation people. To earn a project blessing
* – Sectional naming rights so they will always be honored to a greater good of accepting all of our ancestors willing or not.
* – Selected murals to honor their cultural significance to the region we all live in today.
6 – STRUCTURAL BEAUTIFICATION IMPROVEMENT:
* – Upgrading a grey painted area that has been looking the same for 60 years.
* – 400,000 sf of unique imagery will increase other adjacent cities or private funded enhancements.
* – Coexisting with all the murals in Sacramento as a mural center launching point to seeing all of our city murals.
7 – EDUCATION (YOUTH-COLLEGE):
* – Student youth apprentice opportunities range from working in the art of design, on-site production responsibility, marketing promotion, public relation speaking and an inspired connection to a part of Sacramento redevelopment..
* – Students gain valuable employment training & opportunities by working with professionals throughout the entire process from beginning to completion and after by becoming an docent educator.
* – Personal knowledge is earned and also an inspirational knowledge is absorbed, as student youth artists will share the story and their overall experience.
8 – COMMUNITY CONNECTOR PROJECTS:
* – 3D small scale & 4ft tall column models, shall become anchor ‘fundraiser items’, once the larger supporters activate their interest.
* – Community classes creating on these columns to acclimate yourself into the process further beyond the witnessing audience
* – Taken into schools to educate them of the project, meaning, process and civic engagement of their participation as they grow up seeing this become.
9 – HOMELESS ART EXPRESSIONS:
* – Homeless artist participation (youth and adult)
* – If current life action stays here they will have an art museum to attend and fit in as close as possible to actual patrons
* – Beautification to an area tainted with despair and hardship
10 – INDIVIDUAL WELLNESS ACTIVITIES:
* – BODY (physical) – Walking, running, cycling self pace and distance. Columns are mathematical apart to host personal goal setting distances – 1 mile, 2 mile, 5, etc.
* – MIND (educational) – self guided educational component will be available to view with or without digital device
* – SOUL (internal) Hours vary as do individuals. The availability to detach in a growth of stimulating visual imagery giants, an escape in an open air safe zone with limited to no traffic.
11 – TOURISM EXPANDED:
* – Daily activity usage with side promoting of nearby supporting business and other city amenities.
* – Viewing an actual cultural artistic statement of a high concentration of hosting ‘the culture of mural artwork’ in addition to the cities on going movements located near and far of this project.
* – Concentrated viewing will require multiple visits to absorb the entire project especially if viewing while at a future event of high action.
12 – BUSINESS EARNING OPPORTUNITIES:
* – Scheduled world markets that are supported from city & community to host an opportunity to earn from their goods, foods, etc.
* – New permits filed for usage, taxes and other city interest
* – Tourism and local visit open up opportunities to have incentives for the local surrounding business or amenities
13 – HEALTH STRUCTURED PROGRAMS:
* – BODY (physical) – Walking, running, cycling with professional exercising business with set activities. Columns are mathematical apart to host personal and group goal setting performance distances – 1 mile, two mile, 5, etc.
* – MIND (educational) – Structured classes of educational facts and stories of related content will be available to listen and view with a group.
* – SOUL (internal) Structured classes of holistic experience with discussions of seen as related content. The availability to detach in a growth of stimulating visual imagery giants, an escape in an open air safe zone with limited to no traffic.
14 – BROADWAY BUSINESS DISTRICT REDEVELOPMENT:
* – Changing roadway corridor (possible) with pedestrian flow access, similar to North Sacramento’s Del Paso Blvd. to activate more community flow engagement.
* – Broadway already hosts a variety of worldly eateries, the once Sacramento Jazz District revisited.
* – One block north The WX 400,00sf Museum will be an attraction to link Broadway’s in between Towers areas & Oak Park triangle.
economic impact (future)
15 – TECHNOLOGY INCENTIVES:
* – QR codes are painted onto murals. Viewers may access information about WX project, mural message, artist, sponsors, etc.
* – Automated vehicle touring possibilities (automation practice in railyards).
* – BlimpTab (sponsor) showing video on rideshare drivers tablets as an identity project / amenity to Sacramento.
16 – SAFETY & protection AREA UPGRADE:
* – Upgrades will bring folks to indirectly challenge current homeless concerns.
* – Police department has an interest in projects with the same outlook of aesthetics.
* – Future security work may evolve with a new instant audience.
17 – NEW ENTERTAINMENT VENUE:
100,000 sf block of other activities wanting the columns as beautiful visual giants as part of their event.
Caltrans is to close the middle gap between freeways.
Current use is partial daily & special event weekend.
CA STATE INTEREST
18 – political PEOPLE’S ATTRACTION:
* – District councilman area for a visual platform of city networking positives.
* – State capital of representatives & lobbyist of state personal diversity.
* – Setting a Sacramento statement of, to & for our city.
YOUR PROJECT STATEMENT BELOW IS APPRECIATED
JOIN THE MOVEMENT
Become a sponsor
This is your chance to invest as a Sponsor and show where your heart is in Sacramento! Show the community that you care and you are willing to invest to make Sacramento a better place.
Apply as an artist
Visual Artists of Sacramento! Art you ready to take a leap of faith with the ARTners? We need your passion & creativity, we need you to represent you! Your support and positive energy is greatly appreciated!